In the following Knowledgebase Article, you will see how to statically assign your IP within a Hosting Bot LLC Windows Server Installation.
- At the bottom of the windows taskbar, right-click on the network connection icon and select "Open Network & Connections Settings".
- Select the "Change Adapter Options" selection in the Advanced Network Settings section of the Status Tab.
- Next, right click on the "Ethernet" option and select "Properties".
- Left Click on "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and select "Properties".
- In the General Tab, select "Use the Following Address" and it should un-grey the selection windows in that section.
- In the IP Address section, you will type in your server's IP Address, in the Subnet Mask section, you will fill in the IP Addresses Subnet Mask and in the Gateway Section, you will fill in the IP Addresses Gateway address. (Ask support if you are unsure what the subnet mask or gateway is for your IP.)
If you want to specify specific publically accessible DNS servers such as Google DNS, you can do that from the same instructions as above, however, in addition to the above, you should also select "Use the following DNS Server Addresses" and input the DNS IP addresses, such as Google's 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52.
If you have any questions regarding the directions above, please contact support at https://clients.hostingbot.net